Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mother's Day Cards?

I'm having a hard time finding the right words to say to my mom in her card. We've had a REALLY rough last 16 months after my sisters sudden death (she was just 21 and was killed in a car accident). The first mother's day after my sister died I just said something like "I know these last 6 months have been really hard and you don't want to celebrate but I just want you to know I love you and I hope these make you smile".





I have NO idea what to say now. I want to include my sister somehow...but not in a negative way like "i know these 16 months have been hard" ...more like saying the flowers are from both of us and that we both love her. I need some examples or ideas of what to say though because I'm really not great at this kind of stuff. I've searched all over google for ideas and can't find any.





Thanks


Ericka

Mother's Day Cards?
To be honest, you probably need more than a card. Take your mom somewhere special, and celebrate the life of your sister together. She will be surprised and once your able to talk about this experience together it will emotionally hold you two closer together. If your really digging the card thing you can write: "Mom you have always been there for me through the tough times like when XXXX died, and throughout the good times like when I graduated from XXX. I love you. I hope you know I will always be there for you as well. Thanks for being the coolest mom ever.! Happy Mom's Day"!
Reply:say it in person or on the phone if you're not that good at written words. you can keep the written card simple, even as simple as "i love you very much", and put anything that's harder to write into spoken communication. oral and face-to-face communication are a lot easier for many people, you may be one of them.

dvr

No comments:

Post a Comment